Monday, May 17, 2010

I don’t suppose we could skip the explanation part could we?

I guess after abandoning my blog for almost 10 months you’ll probably want some answers huh?  IMG_1872

IMG_1689 IMG_1825IMG_1809   IMG_2010IMG_1883IMG_1785  I think the biggest thing was….I got really busy with work, Owen, and life in general.  Once two weeks went by, I knew I’d have to write a big post and it was daunting.  After 4 weeks?  It got even bigger and I was just plain procrastinating.  I just ended up saying screw it and moving on.  I will say – there was a bit of freedom in not feeling like I had to keep up the blog.  Plus Facebook seemed like a much easier way to update everyone.  On the other side, I felt guilty every time I thought about my poor, cold and lonely abandoned blog.  As long as we are on the honesty train, I will honestly let you know that I make no promises that I will keep frequently posting! 

So now I suppose it’s a Special Edition post of the How Life Is Measured Blog:  Where Are They Now?  If I post more, I fill in bits and pieces of the past year, but for now – I’ll focus on Owen.

IMG_22052 Owen is a total chatter box.  The kid cracks me up!  He’s always jabber jawing about something.  When he’s not actually talking, he’s humming or singing and I’ve gotta tell you, this kid’s got talent.  Maybe he can someday fulfill my unrealized American Idol dreams!  I can see it now his audition song “The Little Einstein Theme”.  Randy would call it “Hot baby!”, Ellen would tell him he’s “adorable”, Kara would tell him she really felt how much passion he had for the song and Simon would tell him he had just had a “moment” and that he will see Owen in the finals. 

But I digress….

Speaking of Little Einsteins, he’s pretty much one himself.        *** SHAMELESS BRAGGING ALERT***                                             He can count up to 25, an read about 20 words and adding more everyday (In fact as I am IMG_20022writing this, he just read “Lions Gate” off of the video he is watching), can spell about 10 works (Owen, Thomas, open, toy, mom, dad, go, cat, dog, Percy, train), and understands concepts like opposites, matching, memory.   That’s not even the best part.  I think I’m most impressed with Owen’s sense of comedic timing.  For example I’ll say to him “I think no Owen”, he’ll look right at me, bat his eyelashes and sweetly say “I think yes mama.”   He loves to sneak up on his Grandpa while he’s sleeping and “charge” him.  Dan and I were talking about money the other day and he walked right up to us and said “No money – no ticket!”. Where does he get this stuff?!

IMG_2114 I love when he change the words around in songs to include his favorite  things like “Thomas the Blue Steam Engine” instead of “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” or “5 Little Owens Jumping on the Bed” (which of course he sings while jumping on the bed). 

 

He loves chocolate milk and PANCAKES!!! This kid and his breakfast food.  First it was Cheerios, then eggs, now pancakes. My parents have actually based their restaurant choices on whether or not they serve breakfast at dinnertime.  

Owen still loves Thomas but he took a back seat to Curious  IMG_2043George for a while. Toy story seems to be creeping up on George and the Little Einsteins are making a big comeback.   Oh yeah – just so you don’t think we let our child sit in front of the TV all day, he loves the playground too! 

Hmmm….well I think that should get us started for now.  Yes, I think that will be plenty to chew for the moment.  I will try to post more soon!

IMG_20912

 

IMG_2319 IMG_23232

19 comments:

Mommy3 said...

Glad to hear Owen is doing so well!!!! He is adorable. And boy he is doing A LOT of stuff. That is amazing that he is reading and spelling!!! Wow. You have every right to brag as a proud mama ;)!

Lisa said...

WELCOME BACK! No guilt trip from me! If I average once a month, I'm doing really well. : ) Glad to see all of the pics! Also, we need to e-mail because we're going to see Jack Johnson again this summer on July 20. So, we'll be around that week - the Saturday before until Thursday morning.

Jennifer said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!

Jaime said...

Welcome back! Owen is just as cute as ever!! That's awesome that he's recognizing words and learning to spell. You're got every right to brag!

mejane said...

From one blog abandoner to another: don't worry about explaining and let go of the guilt. I am so sporadic with my updates that I don't even bother with explanations any more. When you feel like posting, do it. If not (in your own words), screw it. Just know that there are devoted Owen fans out there ready to read and pick up where you left off. Glad to see that Owen is doing so well!

Destini said...

First, off, Owen is absolutely even more adorable than ever, and what a smart little guy!!! You should be one proud mama! Second, I'm with the rest of the girls, if I update once a month, I'm doing great, don't worry about it!

Jen Weisser said...

Welcome back! I usually have to force myself once a month to post something! Dont feel bad! Life just seems to go by way to fast!

Owen is absolutly adorable!!! love all of the pics!

Anonymous said...

Owen is getting so grown up!! Such a little stud muffin he is! It was good to see what you guys have been up to.

Tonya :)

Sarah said...

Cat, it's so nice to see a post, but more importantly some awesome pictures of Owen! Can't wait to see more :)

Unknown said...

So great to see an Owen update! He is as adorable as ever and so very smart!

Greene Family said...

Yay! I'm happy to hear how well Owen is doing! Love the pictures - Owen is sooo adorable!! You should brag about your smart and handsome boy! It sounds like he is a natural entertainer too!

Melissa Swartley said...

Welcome back! Glad to see how well Owen is doing! Sounds like you have one smart cookie on your hands! Love all the cuteness in his pics!!!

Unknown said...

I've missed your posts. Owen looks like he is doing awesome and is as cute as ever! Every right to brag. Looking forward to seeing more posts.

Kim said...

Oh my soul sister Cat! How I have missed you and your hilarity! I was so excited when I saw your mother's status on FB that you updated the blog! Owen is ridiculous. Seriously you have a very cute kid there. And it's ok to brag. I always tell people that I cannot have another child in fear that kid 1)won't be cute and 2) won't be smart (not the obvious answer of, no one to procreate with, but that;s a minor detail).
So excited to see more Owen updates soon!

Caden and Mommy said...

Hooray for an Owen update :0) I am glad to hear he is doing so well. What a smart little boy he is! Caden is refusing to learn his alphabet, rrr! Owen is as cute as ever, love the pics!

Andy said...

Hi Cat,

Really great to catch up on you all. Makes me miss cheeky little Owen even more! Trying to convince my husband that we need an American road trip!

Angie said...

Hi You don't know me, but I found your blog last year when our baby boy was diagnosed with Lethal Skeletal Dysplasia @ 18 weeks. It was so helpful to read about your journey.

I'm so glad to hear Owen is doing awesome! He is adorable!!! Most of his intrestes remind me so much of our son Cameron who is 2 1/2.

Anthea said...

So great to hear from you. I thought I was the only one who had abandoned my blog...

Glad you are all doing well. Owen is just adorable - I agree with everyone else...you have every right to be proud! Hugs.

Mothers Day Flowers said...

How cute and what a clever little boy! No wonder you are so proud!