Thursday, December 27, 2007

The T Word

TOYS!!!

Because of course, that is what Christmas is all about (at least it was this year). This was a big Christmas for our family. It was a huge day of firsts. Of course, it was Owen's first Christmas, my nephew Drew's first Christmas, my sister and I's first Christmas as parents and my parents first Christmas as grandparents. The most exciting thing to happen on this special day was Owen's induction into the Guinness book of world records for having the most toys ever owned by a 10 month old! Ok, so that didn't really happen, but I'm pretty sure that if that were an actual record to hold, Owen would have a lock on it. Lord almighty!
We could officially declare ourselves a new Toys R Us location. Dan won't admit it but I think it's slowly driving him mad. With every new toy that he received on Christmas, he would assess how many pieces and parts were involved and how much square footage it would take up.
Owen, on the other hand, loves every single toy he has. I'm not kidding. Owen was so much fun to watch. I was assuming that this whole present thing would go way over his head, but on the contrary, Owen was right there with us. He would open a present, look at the box, smile at the box, stand on the box, chew on the box. That I expected. But he was also very engaged with the presents he received.
It was a fantastic holiday season!

7 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Finally a new blog!! I've been waiting patiently for a new update! Owen is as cute as ever with all his new toys! Christmas went right over Cole's head...next year should be much better! Oh, by the way I love your new hair cut and color!!

-Katie

Tonya said...

Cat, you guys are spectular!! Owen has changed so much since I have seen him!! I agree with Katie, your haircut is beautiful!! I am glad it was a great 1st christmas for Owen!! TOYS!!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how that kid does it, but he just gets cuter by the day! Happy New Year.

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

Anonymous said...

Hi, your sister Ann told me about your BLOG. I am the nurse who helped deliver Drew. You have an amazing story! I am looking forward to keeping up with your story.

Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Hi~
Owen is like so curious.
Generally.Boys likes toys.
also My elest son was that.

Parent buy cute boy repeatedly toys for looking curious eyes.
It,s great pleasure.

If we are childless.we have no occasion to do(buy to toys).

- wool's mom -

Candi and Skeet said...

What a cutie! You have the cutest little family too! I love watching Owen grow. He looks so much like my nephew! I hope you all are doing well. I think of you often!

Love,
Candi

Chelsea and Cody said...

I just read your entire 2007 year of blogging, and I am anxiously awaiting reading 2008 and 2009! I am one week into my child being diagnosed with Achondroplasia. We are still in major shock, but are getting more used to the idea every day. We are so excited to meet our little man in 20 weeks! Thanks for all of your blogging, it has helped me adjust alot already!