Friday, June 15, 2007

Bad Mommy...

I knew it would come. All mothers have told me that they have at least one "Oh my god I almost killed the kid" moment. Today was mine.
The plan was to take Owen for a walk. The stoller was in the car so I took Owen outside, got the stoller from the trunk and strapped him in. So there he is securely fastened into his stoller nice and cozy, wearing the perfect clothes for a walk. Clothes that would ensure that he wouldn't be to hot or too cold. I go to the drivers side door and use the remote to close the garage door. Problem is - I've left Owen by the trunk of the car. Problem is - Mommy did't put the brakes on the stoller. Problem is - Owen is now barreling into the street. I ran so fast you would have thought I was Linsday Lohan leaving the scene of an accident.
Now, we live in a subdivision and not on a busy road so there wasn't imminent danger from heavy traffic. HOWEVER, I of course ran down my mental list of all the awful things that could have happened as a result of my carelessness.
Owen of course, was none the wiser and proceeded to happily drool all over me when I picked him up.
Let this be a cautionary tale to all. Put the brakes on the stroller or you kid could get hit by a car!
The pictures I've included show Owen playing with all the wonderful toys I've bought him. I'm hoping I can trick you into thinking I'm a good mom.

No comments: